Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back on track? Maybe?

I'm not going to sugarcoat it-the last few months have been an absolute disaster for us financially. I lost my highest paying contract position, which absolutely killed us financially, since the pay from this job is what we were using to pay down debt, savings, and unexpected expenses. I have other things that I do, but this one was the highest paying by far. Our credit card debt is up to $28K now, and we still have about $1K in medical bills to pay off.
I found a new contracting position that will be close the same pay as my old one, so we should get going in the right direction very soon. Baby Boy goes to bed at 7ish each night and sleeps till 7 AM, so my plan is to work 4 hours once he goes to bed, Monday-Thursday. Friday and Saturday, I will work an hour in the morning and three hours at night, and Sunday will be an hour in the morning and two hours at night. Total hours will be 27, and the pay will be around $1600 each month. I need to draw up a new budget and draft a new plan. Having some type of plan always makes me feel better, even though things rarely always go as planned!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan :) At least your LO is sleeping consistently for you right now. That has to make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely does! It's so nice to have time be productive AND get a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete