Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Financial To Do List

The past month has been rough financially, to say the least. My kitty had to see the vet several times and then have emergency surgery, to the tune of $1500! He had several cat UTIs, and then he was blocked completely, hence the emergency surgery at 1:00 AM on a Saturday night. I know some people would think I am crazy for spending that on a cat, but he (and my 3 other cats and dog) are my second babies and I will do whatever I can to keep them healthy.
September is looking like a good month, but we need to tackle a few things before we can really focus on the debt payments again.
1. Pay off veterinarian bills-we have about $400 left to pay
2. Pay off the rest of DS's hospital bill and a doctor bill of mine-about $800
3. Put money aside for tax payment or adjust DH's withholding to compensate


DH and I have talked about trying for number two around January 2013. We have a lot of work to do financially if this is going to happen. The credit card debt doesn't have to be gone completely, but we need to pay off 4 of the 6. This would cut our payments by $200 a month, which would put us in a much better position to afford a new to us car. DH's is getting close to 200K miles, but still going strong. We just need to be in a better position to be able to pay a car payment when it finally dies.
Our tentative financial schedule:
October 2011-Pay off Chase card 1
November 2011-Set aside money for the holidays and Christmas
December 2011-Pay off Chase card 2
January 2012-Pay off BOA card 1
March 2012-Pay off credit union card, Capital One card
April 2012-Start building emergency fund

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the rough month :( I hope the kitty is doing a lot better!! I like your new schedule of goals :)

    ReplyDelete