Sunday, August 15, 2010

Getting Back on Track

Okay, so my plan is to get things back on track by October 1st. I am giving us a month and a half to reign in the spending and get our debt going back down again. Why so long? Well, we are going on vacation on the 21st for 5 days. We will be having about $500 worth of household expenses in September. We have the cash budgeted for this, thankfully, but this can mean little progress in the meantime. We also want to get the baby room painted and decorated. At my last doctor's appointment, we found out we are having a little boy! I am so excited.
I just want to make sure that our debt does not go up and that it gets moving in the correct direction again. When the baby comes in January, I know that will probably throw my contracting schedule all to heck for a while (not that I'm complaining! Sounds like an awesome trade off to me!), so I really need to do more now to compensate for it.
I know we all have set backs, but I just have had no reason to have a set back. My set back was caused by just plain old overspending. At least it's something relatively easy for us to correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment