Saturday, April 3, 2010

First Quarter is Over-A look at 2010 Goals

Now that the year is 1/4 of the way over, I think it's time to look at the goals again.
Financial Goals

Pay off Chase 3-1586-This card is now gone. I will continue to use this card for all expenses and pay it in full every month for rewards.
Pay off Chase-2190-This is at $1700. I am currently attacking this card and the car loan.
Pay off Chase 2-2353-This card is gone. Yay!
Pay off BOA 2-2300-I will start working on this in the summer hard. Now at $2220.
Have BOA 1 card at $8000-Now at $8975. We are on track.
Have credit union card at $367-Now at $740. On track

Continue to pay student loans in a timely manner-Doing.
Pay $450 a month to my car-If I can do this, the balance will be $1777 by December 2010. I am paying at least $300 a month, but have not been able to do the full $450. When the BOA 2 and Chase Card is gone, the car loan is next to go.

Save $900 total in baby fund-I actually adjusted this because DH and I bought a travel system on sale this weekend. It was $140, and it is normally $220. We bought some other, smaller items on clearance. And No, I am not even pregnant yet! I figure if it is stuff we are going to get anyway, we might as well save money on it. Now at $150, $750 more to go.
Save $2100 total in emergency fund-have $300 (pathetic!), so $1800 more to go-Cleared this out too, so it only has $100. I am saving $87 every pay period, so we will have $1927 at year end just from this. I will also start putting some found money in here.
Save $630 for DH's crown in February-have $315, so $315 more to go.-Done. DH now has a new crown.:)

Leave 401 K and IRA contributions alone. If I do this, we should contribute around $8K to at least hit the $22K.-Actually increased these. Yay!

All in all, I think we are doing pretty well this year. We have paid off two cards so far, so we have two more to go, and then the car loan. Savings will get higher with time. We have the automatic contributions set up; now we just have to let it grow without touching it.




No comments:

Post a Comment