Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sunday Ramblings

I feel like EVERYONE around me is either pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or just had a baby. I am sooo ready to start trying, but I know realistically, the longer DH and I wait, the better our money situation will be. We are planning to start trying this summer sometime. Even delaying TTC one month will give us an extra $1000-$1500 to put towards debt or add to our EF.
On one hand, I am pleased with our progress. We have paid off $11,708 in 9 months. We are on track to end the year with about $7,800 on the BOA card and the student loans, for a total of $24,110 paid off.
I wish we could get the BOA down more, but I need to be realistic. If DH and I want to have some type of a life and start a family, I think $7800 is the most attainable goal. We will turtle along in 2011, just paying the minimum payments on the student loans and extra money to Bank of America. DH thinks we can pay off BOA in 2011 with his overtime. I am happy he is so enthusiastic, and we just have to stay focused on our goals.
I started a new eating plan last week, consisting of a ton of fruits, veggies, beans, wheat bread products, lean protein, and lean dairy products. I an trying to avoid processed and prepackaged foods. So far, it is working BEAUTIFULLY! I am down 2.2 pounds, which makes me ecstatic! I am going to stay on this eating plan until the cruise, but I intend to make eating more fruits and veggies a permanent thing. I forgot how much I absolutely love squash, zuccinni, pineapples, bananas, and strawberries. YUM! I am down 18 pounds, and I would love to lose 5 more by May 8th to get me at 182. I am really starting to notice a difference in my body and how my clothes fit. I am wearing stuff I haven't been able to wear in over a year, so it's like I have a whole new wardrobe.
DH gets paid this Thursday night, so we should have a nice update. I haven't been working my second job as much as I should, but I plan to get on track this week. My first job has just been nerve-wracking lately, and there has just been so much to do around the house, especially with DH working so much.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you would even think of getting pregnant with all this debt you have! In a year, you'll be right back in debt.

    ReplyDelete